GRASS ISN'T ALWAYS GREENER
With so many environmental benefits, synthetic turf is naturally a green product. Learn more about how the benefits outweigh natural grass.
- Saves millions of gallons of water each year
- Eliminates dangerous chemicals, pesticides, and fertilizers
- Eradicates the need for pollution - producing mowing machinery
- Contributes towards U.S. Green Building Council
LEED 2009 NEW CONSTRUCTION AND MAJOR RENOVATIONS
- WE CREDIT 1.1: WATER EFFICIENT LANDSCAPING: REDUCE BY 50% (1 POINT)
- WE CREDIT 1.2: WATER EFFICIENT LANDSCAPING: NO POTABLE WATER USE OR NO IRRIGATION (1 POINT IN ADDITION TO WE CREDIT 1.1)
MATERIALS & RESOURCES
- MR CREDIT 5.1: REGIONAL MATERIALS: 10% EXTRACTED, PROCESSED & MANUFACTURED REGIONALLY (1 POINT)
- MR CREDIT 5.2: REGIONAL MATERIALS: 20% EXTRACTED, PROCESSED & MANUFACTURED REGIONALLY (1 POINT IN ADDITION TO MR CREDIT 5.1)
INSTALLING SYNTHETIC TURF IS A POSITIVE MOVE FOR WATER CONSERVATION
Resident landscape irrigation is approximated to end up using nearly 9 billion gallons of water daily.
In certain districts, outdoor water use can account for up to 70 percent of Toronto resident's water consumption. Between 30,000 and 70,000 gallons of water every year is used to irrigate a 1,000 square foot lawn.
AND IT WILL SAVE MONEY
For a 1,000 sq ft project, this can mean a savings of 70,000 gallons annually, or as much as $350 off the water bill, itself. Our residential landscape products are warrantied for 15 years, so throughout the life of the lawn, you can save approximately $5,250 in water cost.
The mean cost of fertilizers and pesticides for residential areas in Toronto is $0.20 square foot per year. For a 1,000 square foot project, that leads to savings of $200 every year, or $3000 during the entire life of the lawn.
ELIMINATE WASTE AND TIME SPENT ON MAINTENANCE
The EPA believes that, typically, 33.2 million tons of yard trimmings were built up annually, the third-largest division of Municipal Solid Waste in landfills. The ordinary resident spends 150 hours every year keeping up the lawn. Artificial turf eliminates that need.